Publications (last 5 years only)
Publications (last 5 years only)
65. Adeoyo, O.R., Pletschke, B.I., Dames, J.F. 92017) Improved endoglucanase production and mycelial biomass of some ericoid fungi. AMB Express, 7 (1), art. no. 15. DOI: 10.1186/s13568-016-0312-y
64. Soni, H., Rawat, H.K., Pletschke, B.I., Kango, N. (2016) Purification and characterization of β-mannanase from Aspergillus terreus and its applicability in depolymerization of mannans and saccharification of lignocellulosic biomass. (2016) 3 Biotech, 6 (2), art. no. 136.
63. Kuhad, R.C.*, Deswal, D., Sharma, S., Bhattacharya, A., Jain, K.K., Kaur, A., Pletschke, B.I., Singh, A., Karp, M. (2016) Revisiting cellulase production and redefining current strategies based on major challenges. Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, 55, pp. 249-272.
62. Malgas, S., Susan Van Dyk, J., Abboo, S., Pletschke, B.I.* (2016) The inhibitory effects of various substrate pre-treatment by-products and wash liquors on mannanolytic enzymes. Journal of Molecular Catalysis B: Enzymatic, 123, pp. 132-140.
61. Kannisto, M.S., Mangayil, R.K., Shrivastava-Bhattacharya, A., Pletschke, B.I., Karp, M.T.*, Santala, V.P. (2015) Metabolic engineering of Acinetobacter baylyi ADP1 for removal of Clostridium butyricum growth inhibitors produced from lignocellulosic hydrolysates. Biotechnology for Biofuels, 8 (1), art. no. 198.
60. Mafuma, T., Van Dyk, J.S., Chigome, S., Torto, N. and Pletschke, B.I.* (2015) Immobilisation of Acetylcholinesterase onto Electrospun Nanofibres for Carbofuran and Demeton-S-Methyl Sulfone Detection. Current Biotechnology, 4(2): 134-144.
59. Gama, R., Van Dyk, J.S. and Pletschke, B.I.* (2015) Optimisation of enzymatic hydrolysis of apple pomace for production of biofuel and biorefinery chemicals using commercial enzymes. 3 Biotech, 5(6): 1075-1087.
58. Malgas, S., van Dyk, J.S., Pletschke, B.I.* (2015) A review of the enzymatic hydrolysis of mannans and synergistic interactions between β-mannanase, β-mannosidase and α-galactosidase. World Journal of Microbiology and Biotechnology, 31 (8), pp. 1167-1175.
57. Khan, N., Le Roes-Hill, M., Welz, P.J., Grandin, K.A., Kudanga, T., Van Dyk, J.S., Ohlhoff, C., Van Zyl, W.H., Pletschke, B.I.* (2015) Fruit waste streams in South Africa and their potential role in developing a bio-economy. South African Journal of Science, 111 (5-6), art. no. 2014-0189.
56. Bhattacharya, A., Pletschke, B.I.* (2015). Strategic optimization of xylanase-mannanase combi-CLEAs for synergistic and efficient hydrolysis of complex lignocellulosic substrates. Journal of Molecular Catalysis B: Enzymatic, 115, pp. 140-150.
55. Malgas, S., van Dyk, S.J., Pletschke, B.I.* (2015) β-Mannanase (Man26A) and α-galactosidase (Aga27A) synergism - A key factor for the hydrolysis of galactomannan substrates. Enzyme and Microbial Technology, 70, pp. 1-8.
54. Bhattacharya, A.S., Bhattacharya, A., Pletschke, B.I.* (2015) Synergism of fungal and bacterial cellulases and hemicellulases: a novel perspective for enhanced bio-ethanol production. Biotechnology Letters, 37 (6), pp. 1117-1129.
53. De Almeida, L.K.S., Chigome, S., Torto, N., Frost, C.L., Pletschke, B.I.* (2015) A novel colorimetric sensor strip for the detection of glyphosate in water. Sensors and Actuators, B: Chemical, 206, pp. 357-363.
52. Musengi, A., Khan, N., Le Roes-Hill, M.*, Pletschke, B.I., Burton, S.G. (2014) Increasing the scale of peroxidase production by Streptomyces sp. strain BSII#1. Journal of Applied Microbiology, 116 (3), pp. 554-562.
51. Bhattacharya, A., Pletschke, B.I.* (2014) Review of the enzymatic machinery of Halothermothrix orenii with special reference to industrial applications. Enzyme and Microbial Technology, 55, pp. 159-169.
50. Bhattacharya, A., Pletschke, B.I.* (2014) Magnetic cross-linked enzyme aggregates (CLEAs): A novel concept towards carrier free immobilization of lignocellulolytic enzymes. Enzyme and Microbial Technology, 61-62, pp. 17-27.
49. Van Dyk, J.S., Gama, R., Morrison, D., Swart, S., Pletschke, B.I.* (2013) Food processing waste: Problems, current management and prospects for utilisation of the lignocellulose component through enzyme synergistic degradation. Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, 26, pp. 521-531.
48. Mwila, K., Burton, M.H., Van Dyk, J.S.*, Pletschke, B.I. (2013) The effect of mixtures of organophosphate and carbamate pesticides on acetylcholinesterase and application of chemometrics to identify pesticides in mixtures. Environmental Monitoring and Assessment, 185 (3), pp. 2315-2327.
47. Namulawa V.T., Kato C.D., Rutaisire J., Britz P.J., Beukes N., Pletschke B.I. and Whiteley C. (2013) Enzyme activity in the Nile perch gut: Implications to Nile perch culture. International Journal of Fisheries and Aquaculture Vol. 5(9), pp. 221-228.
46. Sakka, M., Tachino, S., Katsuzaki, H., Van Dyk, J.S., Pletschke, B.I., Kimura, T. and Sakka, K*. (2012). Characterization of Xyn30A and Axh43A of Bacillus licheniformis SVD1 identified by its genomic analysis. Enzyme and Microbial Technology 51:193-199.
45. Van Dyk, J.S., Pletschke, B.I*. (2012) A review of lignocellulose bioconversion using enzymatic hydrolysis and synergistic cooperation between enzymes-Factors affecting enzymes, conversion and synergy. Biotechnology Advances 30(6) 1458-1480.
44. Jones, S.M., van Dyk, J.S., Pletschke, B.I.* (2012) Bacillus subtilis SJ01 produces hemicellulose degrading multi-enzyme complexes. (2012) BioResources, 7 (1), pp. 1294-1309.
Last Modified :Tue, 15 Aug 2017 11:12:54 SAST