The Centre for Postgraduate Studies was established to lead and manage the provision of a supportive and enabling environment for postgraduate studies
This is to be done through strategy and actions that:
- Provide an enriching postgraduate experience at Rhodes University;
- Co-ordinate and support postgraduate development in collaboration with faculties and departments and other relevant institutional units;
- Co-ordinate and support postgraduate supervision through seminars, workshops and other initiatives;
- Ensure a strong profile of postgraduate studies and activity at Rhodes University.
- And thereby, to support the university strategy to enhance the quality, the quality, and the equity profiles of postgraduates as well as the throughput rates of postgraduates
Rhodes University has seen a steady increase in the number of postgraduate scholars over the past years, with an increase from 27.3% in 2011 to 31% in 2018. The university institutional plan seeks to maintain a strong postgraduate profile of over 30%.
To address its mandate, the Centre for Postgraduate Studies has established a range of programmes and activities to strengthen postgraduate studies. See the programmes page to find out more
The Centre for Postgraduate Studies also works closely with the Postgraduate Student Liason Committee, to facilitate postgraduate representation and engagement with research processes in the university.
Last Modified: Tue, 03 Mar 2020 10:54:53 SAST