Free Services for all students and staff members post level 1-5
- Treatment of minor ailments such as flu, tonsillitis, etc.
- Long-term treatment of chronic illnesses, such as hypertension and diabetes
- In-patient care for acute illnesses, infectious diseases eg. measles, mumps
- Management and care of patients with infectious diseases
- Post-operative care
- Emergency assessment and crisis management (e.g rape; PEP)
- Voluntary HIV testing, including pre- and post- test counselling FOR ALL STAFF; Pre-ART and ART including opportunistic infections eg. TB
- Screening tests e.g blood pressure, cholestrol
- Family planning advise / pregnancy tests
- TB, STI management
- Health education: individually or in groups
- Awareness campaigns e.g breast cancer, drug abuse, etc.
- Free literature on health issues
Sessional Dr availalbe every week day morning. Please phone or e-mail to make an appointment
Flu vaccines at cost price
Cervical cancer screening at Lab price
Vitamin injections at cost price
Tetanus vaccines at cost price
Drug screening at cost price
Crutches availalbe on request
Staff at the Health Care Centre can make referrals to a range of other medical services in town, including private doctors and dentists, the Counselling Centre, the psychiatric clinic, the hospital, social workers, private counsellors and TOP services.
Last Modified :Fri, 21 Apr 2017 16:05:23 SAST