We got off to a reasonable start with TRADING LIVE yesterday, unfortunately the rain affected some events but they have been rescheduled.
A record EIGHT Rhodes departments will be participating today: HKE, CHERTL, DSA, CSD, Law Clinic, HR, Library and Chemistry.
Students are very active this year and the Oppidans, Dingemans and Jan Smuts Hall will be participating today with the fabulous Inkwenkwezi society in action!
Have fun as you get to know new Grahamstonians!!
DAY 2 OF TRADING LIVE- TUESDAY 26 JULY
- 10:00 – 11:30 SIYAZAMA PRE-SCHOOL - Healthy Lifestyle Stress Relief Exercise at Ethembeni Service Centre for the elderly
- 10:00 – 11: 15 RAINBOW KIDZ - Multilingual storytelling for 4 – 5 year olds at Lebone Centre
- 10:00 – 11:00 RHODES UNIVERSITY HOUSEKEEPING - Reading to pre-school children at Shaw Hall Day Care Centre
- 10:00 – 11:00 RHODES UNIVERSITY HOUSEKEEPING - Donation of mattresses and linen for classrooms for Nokwandile Day Care Centre
- 10:00 – 11:00 LAW CLINIC - Workshop with Senior citizens at McKaiser Old Age Home
- 11:00 – 12:00 GRAHAMSTOWN AMASANGO CAREER SCHOOL - Playing Marimba for the elderly at McKaiser Old Age Home
- 11:00 – 12:00 RHODES UNIVERSITY HUMAN RESOURCES DIVISION - Book donation at DD Siwisa Primary School
- 12:00 – 13:00 RHODES UNIVERSITY LIBRARY - Book collection for kids to read at Little Flower Day Care Centre
- 12:00 – 13:00 OASIS RAINBOW KIDS - Crochet using reusable materials at Fikizolo Primary school
- 12:30 – 13:30 RHODES UNIVERSITY CHEMISTRY DEPARTMENT - A Chemistry lecture – “The Pollutant’s Tale” at Ntaba Maria
- 13:00 – 14:00 OPPIDAN HALL- Edutainment for pre-school children at Raglan Road Day Care Centre
- 13:00 – 16:00 DINGEMANS RESIDENCE- Baking together at Tyhilulwazi Pre-School
- 13:00 – 14:07 IKAMVA YOUTH - Study and memory skills workshop at TEM Mrwetyana High School
- 13:30 – 14:37 MFUZO BOXING CAMP - Demonstrating Boxing at Ada Community Centre
- 13:00 – 15:00 SIBANYE DAY CARE CENTRE - Exercise with Children and Adults at Sibanye Day Care Centre
- 14:00 – 16:00 VERONICA ISRAEL – DSA - Mentoring, Application forms completion for tertiary education and bursaries at Kuthliso Daniels School
- 14:00 – 16:00 RHODES CHERTL - Workshop on appreciating assessment at Ntsika Secondary School
- 14:00 – 16:00 JAN SMUTS HALL - Cultural Exchange at Eluxolweni
- 14:00 – 15:00 GRADE 8 & 9 NATHANIEL NYALUZA PUBLIC SECONDARY SCHOOL LEARNERS - Covering books at Lebone Centre
- 14:15 – 15:30 INKWENKWEZI SOCIETY - Reading and writing at Samuel Ntsiko
- 14:30 – 15:30 JONATHAN DAVY - HKE - Coaching strength and conditioning physical activities at Ntsika High School
- 14:30 – 15:30 ST MARY’S DCC STUDENT VOLUNTEERS- Face painting at St Mary’s DCC
- 14:45 – 16:00 RU KARATE CLUB – Self Defence for the Human Kinetics and Ergonomics Department staff
- 15:00 – 16:00 INKULULEKO STUDENT VOLUNTEERS: Teaching kids how to paint at Shaw Hall Day Care Centre
Source: Community Engagement
Please help us to raise funds so that we can give all our students a chance to access online teaching and learning. Covid-19 has disrupted our students' education. Don't let the digital divide put their future at risk. Visit www.ru.ac.za/rucoronavirusgateway to donate