Join us for a Q Methodology workshop!Date Released: Mon, 9 May 2016 15:37 +0200
Q Methodology is a mixed methods approach that incorporates interpretative and critical inquiry with systematic analysis. It is an established methodology in health research but has also been utilized in research across a broad range of disciplines. This workshop is geared toward academic staff and senior graduate students with advanced training in both qualitative and quantitative research methodologies.
The aims of the workshop are:
- To provide participants with a broad understanding of the types of research questions that Q Methodology would be suited to addressing
- To provide participants with knowledge and experience in the steps involved in conducting a Q Methodology study
- To inform participants about additional resources to support Q Methodology research
- To assist participants to use Q Methodology at an elementary level for self-initiated research and graduate study
- To make participants aware of some of the challenges involved in supervising Q Methodology research
Dr Judith McKenzie is a senior lecturer in the Disability Studies Programme at the University of Cape Town in the Department of Health and Rehabilitation Sciences. She received training in Q methodology from leading experts in the United Kingdom and has applied it to a number of projects in health and disability in South Africa. Dr McKenzie will provide training in Q Methodology in a two day workshop at Rhodes.
The dates of the workshop are 28-29 June 2016. Venue is in room 11, Psychology department, Rhodes University.
RSVP to email@example.com by 3rd June. Spaces are limited.