Publishing workshop held by the CSSRDate Released: Thu, 10 October 2013 12:02 +0200
On Friday the 4th of October the CSSR held a publishing workshop for senior postgraduates and junior academics, convened by Prof. Catriona Macleod.
The workshop helped participants think through how they might go about converting research into publishable articles, chapters, or books.
The workshop covered:
• The various forms of publication (empirical article; theoretical article; systematic review article; article length book review; conference proceedings; book chapter; edited collection; sole authored book; text-book);
• Some key points in preparing most types of publication (i.e. generic issues that cut across various forms of publication);
• The components of the various forms of publishing listed above;
• How to choose an appropriate journal;
• The process in terms of article submission and publication;
• The usual structure of a book proposal;
• How you should respond to comments from reviewers; and
• Guidelines around authorship.