- Systemic Functional Linguistics
- Legitimation Code Theory
- Media discourse
- Political discourse
- Linguistic ethnography
- Sign Language linguistics
- Linguistics 1 Language in the Media
- Linguistics 2&3 Systemic Functional Linguistics
- Linguistics 2&3 Comparative Linguistics: Introduction to Sign Language Linguistics
- Professional Communication: Written Communication
- Professional Communication for Accountants
- Postgraduate Language and Knowledge
Political constellations: a Systemic Functional Linguistics and Legitimation Code Theory analysis of representations of South African political parties in the Daily Sun and Business Day
PhD supervisor: Ralph Adendorff
Co-supervisor: Karl Maton
- 2015: Siebörger, I. and Adendorff, R.D. Black-boxing and the politics of parliamentary oversight in South Africa. In Dedaic, M. (ed.), Singing, Speaking and Writing Politics: South African Political Discourses. Amsterdam: John Benjamins. 43-66.
- 2017: Siebörger, I. and Adendorff, R.D. We're talking about semantics here: axiological condensation in the South African parliament. Functions of Language 24(2). 196–233.
- 2017: Köhlo, M., Siebörger, I. and Bennett, W. A perfect end: A study of syllable codas in South African Sign Language. Stellenbosch Papers in Linguistics Plus, 52, 127-156.
- 2016: De Barros, C. and Siebörger, I. Sentential negation in South African Sign Language: A case study. Literator, 37(2).
- 2015: Siebörger, I. and Adendorff, R.D. Resemiotizing concerns from constituencies in the South African parliament. Southern African Linguistics and Applied Language Studies, 33(2), 171-197.
- 2015: Siebörger, I., Van der Merwe, K. and Adendorff, R.D. Informed Interdependence: A model for collaboration in fostering communicative competencies in a Commerce curriculum. Southern African Linguistics and Applied Language Studies, 33(1), 81-98.
- 2015: Lauriks, S., Siebörger, I. and De Vos, M. "Ha! Relationships? I only shout at them!" Strategic management of discordant rapport in an African small business context. Journal of Politeness Research, 11(1), 7-39.
- 2011: Siebörger, I. and Adendorff, R.D. Can contracts be both plain and precise? Southern African Linguistics and Applied Language Studies, 29(4), 483-504.
- 2009: Siebörger, I. and Adendorff, R. Newspaper literacy and communication for democracy: is there a crisis in South African journalism? Southern African Linguistics and Applied Language Studies, 27(4), 413-438.
- 2015: Siebörger, I. Appraisal and axiological semantic density: using Systemic Functional Linguistics and Legitimation Code Theory to investigate political positioning. Paper presented at International Systemic Functional Congress 42, Aachen, 27-31 July 2015.
- 2015: Siebörger, I. Using Axiological Semantic Density and Appraisal to investigate political positioning. Paper presented at Legitimation Code Theory Colloquium 1, Cape Town, 17-19 June 2015.
- 2013: Siebörger, I. Towards an English – South African Sign Language (SASL) Machine Translation System: Gender Distinction in SASL Kinship and Career Terms. Paper presented at LSSA/SAALA/SAALT Joint Annual Conference, Stellenbosch, 1-4 July 2013.
- 2012: Siebörger, I. The battle of the black box: axiological condensation's role in building procedural knowledge in the South African parliament. Paper presented at International Systemic Functional Congress 39, Sydney, 16-20 July 2012.
- 2011: Siebörger, I. The interface between managerial and political literacies in the South African Parliament. Paper presented at LSSA/SAALA/SAALT/EPIP Joint Annual Conference, Grahamstown, 26-29 June 2011.
- 2011: Siebörger, I. and Adendorff, R.D. Spatial negotiation as recontextualization in the Parliament of the Republic of South Africa. Paper presented at Mobility Language Literacy conference, Cape Town, 19-21 January 2011.
- 2009: Siebörger, I. and Adendorff, R. Towards a linguistic ethnography of recontextualization in the South African Parliament. Poster presented at Explorations in Ethnography, Language and Communication conference, Birmingham, UK, 11 September 2009.
Last Modified :Mon, 13 Nov 2017 21:22:20 SAST