Being emotionally well is more than just handling stress. It also involves being attentive to your thoughts, feelings, and behaviors, whether positive or negative.
Emotional Wellness implies the ability to:
- Be aware of and accept our feelings, rather than deny them
- Have an optimistic approach to live
- Express feelings freely and manage feelings effectively
- Express emotions appropriately
- Adjust to change
- Cope with stress in a healthy way
- Enjoy life despite its occasional disappointments and frustrations
The path may also involve seeking out support from a mental health professional when needed and gathering information in order to make informed value decisions.
Are you engaged in the process of emotional wellness?
Evaluate your own emotional wellness with this brief quiz.
- Am I able to maintain a balance of work, family, friends, and other obligations?
- Do I have ways to reduce stress in my life?
- Am I able to make decisions with a minimum of stress and worry?
- Am I able to set priorities?
If you answered "No" to any of the questions, it may indicate an area where you need to improve the state of your emotional wellness.
Last Modified :Tue, 26 Mar 2013 10:57:12 SAST