If you know what Techcrunch and Mashable are, then read on. If not – this job is not for you.
Memeburn.com is a multi-award winning site that has quickly established itself as one of the country’s major technology sites, now featuring in the Alexa and the Effective Measure top 100. It focuses on innovation, mobile technology, the start-up scene, general technology culture and online business. A mixture of the site’s own journalists, contributors, columnists and key opinion leaders world-wide write for Memeburn, providing their insights into the online world. The site aims to be the Techcrunch and Mashable of South Africa and emerging markets.
The site is seeking a hardworking, ambitious and driven web-savvy news reporter, who is passionate about technology, online media and all things digital. We’re looking for someone young, dynamic and dedicated to become part of our exciting, start-up company in Cape Town - on a full-time basis.
• Writing technology savvy news and feature stories - including reviews on emerging web and application technologies
• Subbing, headline writing and managing contributors and topics list
• MUST have reporting experience
• Must be a gadget freak and must have experience in writing on technology and new media
• Passion for the web and mobile
• Not care about '9-5', because you see the bigger picture.
• Drive, positive attitude and a sense of humour is essential
• A love for technology news, trends and digital media
• Understand the difference between news writing and feature writing
• Excellent command of the English language
• Journalism degree or experience required
• Have at least 100 Twitter followers
• Be able to engage in a passionate debate about Mac OS versus Windows or iPhone versus Android
Last Modified: Fri, 15 Jul 2011 15:01:35 SAST