Mrs YL Irwin
BPharm, MSc (Pharmaceutical Chemistry)
Primary Health Care, Over the counter prescribing, Pharmaceutical care and patient education, Community Experience practicals
TB, Hypertension and Epilepsy patient education, Essential oils
- Irwin YL, Porusingazi G, Oltmann C. Testing of Pictograms for the First Aid Treatment of Epileptic Seizures. SAAHIP conference. Drakensberg. March 2012. Abstract in conference Proceedings.
- Yoland L Irwin, Roman Tandlich and Denzil R Beukes Headspace SPME analysis of three South African Pelargoniums using GC-TOFMS. Presented at the 3’s Company Pharmacy conference. Lagoon Beach Hotel, Cape Town. 4-6 October 2013
- YL Irwin. A Comparison of the Hydrodistilled and Headspace Volatiles produced by Pelargonium graveolens L’Hérit, Pelargonium radens H.E.Moore and Pelargonium cultivar rosé. Master Thesis. Graduation April 2013.
- Irwin YL. Hydrolats – A new dimension in Aromatherapy. AromaSA congress, Durban, May 2013. Paper published in the AromaSA Journal, July 2013.
- Irwin YL. A comparative study of the Volatile compounds of Rose Geranium and Pelargonium graveolens L’Hérit. AromaSA congress, Durban, May 2013.
- Marzban S, Irwin YL, Wrench W. An Investigation into the Impact of a Tailored Educational Intervention on Grade 7 Learners’ Knowledge of TB. Presented as a podium presentation at SAAHIP conference, Drakensberg, March 2014. Abstract in conference proceedings.
- Irwin YL. Contact Dermatitis from essential oils – A review of current literature reports. AromaSA Journal. January 2014.
SAPC, AHPCSA,PSSA,SAAHIP,Academy of Pharmaceutical Sciences.
Hobbies and Interests
Aromatherapy and essential oils, manufacturing bath and body products.
Military History society membership.
Last Modified: Thu, 27 Jul 2017 09:59:31 SAST