Over the last number of years lecturers in the Department of Political and International Studies have scooped up an unprecedented number of awards relating to excellence in both teaching and research.
- 2009: Prof Leonhard Praeg for The Geometry of Violence: Africa, Girard, Modernity, SUN Press, 2007
- 2004: Prof Peter Vale for Security and Politics in South Africa: The Regional Dimension, Lynne Rienner and UCT Press
The Vice-Chancellor’s Distinguished Teaching Awards:
- 2006: Prof Leonhard Praeg received the Vice Chancellor’s Distinguished Teaching Award. His address appeared under the title “Teaching as Justice” in Politikon, Vol 33, No. 3 December, 2006
- 2002: Prof Louise Vincent received the Vice-Chancellor’s Senior Teaching Award. Her address appeared as “What’s love got to do with it? The effect of affect in the academy” in Politikon, May 2004, 31(1), pp105-115
- 2014: Prof. Leonhard Praeg for "A Report on Ubuntu", UKZN Press, 2014
- 2009: Prof. Peter Vale.
South African Association of Political Studies (SAAPS) Outstanding Essay Awards:
- 2014 - Mathieu Dasnois
- 2012 - Sarita Pillay and Catherine Cunningham
- 2011 - Bridget Hannah
- 2005: Prof. Peter Vale received the International Medal from the University of Utrecht, The Netherlands.
Last Modified: Mon, 18 May 2015 01:26:45 SAST