WHY THE 1904 CLUB?
Rhodes University was founded in 1904 and the 1904 Club is a fund made up of 1,904 ‘units’. Once fully subscribed this fund will enable 60 talented school leavers, for whom poverty would otherwise prevent a tertiary education, to enrol in any of the University’s six faculties.
To you, this means a contribution equivalent to two cappuccinos or a small glass of wine each month (around £60 per year ) and the assurance that your money will go directly to those who have a real thirst to play their part in achieving a positive and uplifting future.
1904 CLUB MEMBERSHIP
1904 Club membership is open to all, whether you studied at Rhodes or not.
- Each member commits to a minimum single unit of £5. per month.
- Members may take as many £5 units as they like.
- Membership will remain open until all 1,904 units are sold.
BENEFITS OF MEMBERSHIP
- A warm welcome into the ‘family’ of Rhodes University in the UK.
- Supporting students to achieve their dream of obtaining a Rhodes degree.
- An annual 1904 Club report with updates on programmes and the progress of supported students.
- Invitations to member-only events with interesting and dynamic speakers.
- Preferential bookings to other Rhodes events in London.
To join the 1904 Club, complete the enclosed Standing Order form and return to:
Rhodes University Trust (UK)
17 Leopold Walk
Cambridge CB24 8XS
The Trust can claim additional Gift Aid on contributions from UK taxpaying members and (by utilising Rhodes University’s resources) ensure minimal administrative costs and maximise the funds available for the support of deserving students. If your donation is eligible for Gift Aid, please complete the enclosed Gift Aid form and return it with the Standing Order form. Allowing more young South Africans to pursue a university education.
UK TRUST –1904 CLUB