We provide our clients with video, audio, lighting and audience response system support from the planning stages of an event, through wrap-up.
All our conference venues are equipped with data projectors, audio visual equipment and we have an in-house team that is responsible for ensuring all our technical related equipment is up to date and in good condition.
•Checking conference venue to accommodate speakers’ requirements
•Setting up Keynote speaker room at conference venue, including downloading speaker presentation in preparation for the daily programme
•Settting up wifi capabilities for delegates
Internet access may be arranged at a conference venue depending on availability of computers and internet connectivity. In certain cases arrangements may be made for delegates to have access to one of the university computer laboratories.
The conference office organises and co-ordinates entertainment for conferences and events according to specific needs and budgets. Such entertainment ranges from disk jockey (DJ), with varying music (period and style,) to classical quartets, jazz ensemble, marimba groups, dance groups and theatre, as well as game viewing at nearby private game parks.
• Sourcing and engaging suitable entertainment for evening events
• Ensuring performers needs are met including liaising with the conference venue for equipment and set-up
• Discussing suitable catering menus for all catering needs.
• Coordinating teas, lunches and other meals in accordance with client requirements
• Providing final numbers including dietary options to the conference venue
• Facilitating décor in keeping with the conference theme and within budgetary constraints
Assistance is provided in setting up exhibitions, supplying appropriate fixtures from display boards to exhibitor cubicles, tables and chairs. Assistance in sourcing exhibitors, in certain cases, may be forthcoming only when discussed with the Conference Manager.
Other services include:
• Design of floor plan for exhibition
• Liaise with conference venue on exhibitions
• Manage set-up of exhibitions and ensure that exhibitors’ needs are met
• Invoice and collect exhibit fee
On request, and at the discretion of the Conference Manager, the conference office may lend its experience and expertise to financially administer a conference or event.
Services offered include:
• Receipting and banking of all monies
• Following up on outstanding payments and ensuring all payments are received prior to the conference
• Reconciliation and payment of accounts
Flower arrangements can be organised on request, suited to your needs.The flower arrangemnets will be made to brighten the venue - whether it be a seminar, meeting room, conference hall, dinner parties or reception.
We advertise all conferences on the Rhodes Conference website with a direct link to the particular conference website, where appropriate.
Other marketing options may be discussed with the conference manager.
Design of website according to the conference theme and brand
Design of banner
Design and printing of nametags, signage for venue and any other printing required
All costs are available on request for promotional material and a notification of approximately 10 working days is required. Rhodes University also has conference display boards of different types that can be arranged to meet different display needs.
If you would like to display at a conference discuss these options with the Conference Manager. Promotional material available for Conferencing purposes includes:
•Rhodes University pen
•Rhodes University branded executive exam pad (50 pages)
•Lapel name badge
•Large name badge
•Name badge and lanyard
•Rhodes University chocolates (200 per box)
•Rhodes University branded mineral water
The conference office assists with registration where required. This includes pre-registration and registration on arrival. All relevant lists and documents are compiled and maintained for this purpose.
Let the Conference Office handle the burden of the finer details, allowing you to focus your time on producing a quality conference.
Our services are tailored to meet your individual requirements. These include:
• All administration associated with registration (receiving, processing and confirming to delegates)
• Structure detailed on-line registration form in consultation with the conference committee
• On-site registration during conference
• Preparation of name badges and registration documentation
• Source, purchase, organize suitable printing and graphics, and packing of registration bags
Transportation is available either through the university transport office or transport organisations in Grahamstown or Port Elizabeth.
Locally, delegates can make arrangements to be ferried from their town accommodation to the university, or to nearby game parks. Grahamstown is centrally situated, and is almost equidistant from the major centres of the country.
The Port Elizabeth airport is within an easy drive of one hour, thirty minutes. Grahamstown has its own small airport, and good road link with both Port Elizabeth and East London. Transport arrangements can be made for delegates to get to Grahamstown from the airport in Port Elizabeth (130km) or East London (160km) and back again, on request.
I want to