Welcome to the Web Site of the Human Resources Division
In pursuit of academic distinction, Rhodes University strives to offer an employment partnership of choice to prospective and current staff by:
- Furthering institutional excellence and appreciating contribution in support of such excellence; and
- Affording respect and dignity to both the individual and the collective.
In support of the Staff Wellness Programme, and in continuation of the Rhodeslympic 2012, the Sports Admin Division in collaboration with the HR Division invites staff members to enter departmental teams of 5 members for the sporting activities of Soccer, Volleyball and Netball. ...read more
A number of staff have expressed concern about the number of emails they receive when they request leave. ...read more
The University shutdown period commences 19 December 2013 and ends 5 January 2014.
Certain areas of the University are required to remain operational during the shutdown period or parts thereof.
Please refer to the Protocol document below, that will detail how work arrangements over this time are to be dealt with.
Please note that the following officials are custodians of these documents at Rhodes:
- BBEE Certificate - Dr I L'Ange: Executive Director - Infrastructure, Operations and Finance Divisions
- Registration Certificate Workmen Compensation Fund - Ms Desiree Philipson: Director Finance
- Social Corporate Investment Matters - Ms Di Hornby/ Ms Vera Adams: Director CSD/ CE