Rhodes > JMS > Studying > More
Frequently asked questions
What do I need to apply?
You need a:
- Certified copy of both your degree certificate and full transcript from your previous or current university in your submission
- Letter of motivation (600-800 words)
- Up to date resume (or CV) with at least two referees and their current addresses;
- Sample of writing (academic/essay type); and
- Completed application form which can be found on the undergraduate gateway (BJourn and BA) or postgraduate gateway (Honours, PGDips, MA, PhD)
How much is it?
- For information on application fee, and tuition fees: email@example.com
Do you provide scholarships?
- For information about scholarships go to the Rhodes website.
- or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org (undergraduates) or email@example.com (postgraduates)
What kind of accommodation is available?
- For information on accommodation email firstname.lastname@example.org
What is the deadline for application?
- Undergraduate applications need to be in by 30 September
- The deadline for applications for the postgraduate diplomas and honours course is 30 October
- There are no official deadlines for masters and PhD but we would prefer if we could get masters applications by 30 October due to the coursework starting in January and PhD 30 September to ensure supervision is available for the following year.
What qualifications do I need?
- For the postgraduate diploma and the honours programmes you need to have successfully completed an undergraduate degree (NQF level 7). For the masters programme, an honours degree or equivalent (NQF level 8), and for the PhD programme, an MA degree (NQF level 9) is required. For more information consult the JMS Student Handbook
Last Modified: Fri, 31 May 2019 14:32:54 SAST