The Education Department is committed to working to improve quality, relevance and access to education in the Eastern Cape, South African and broader International arenas. We see this as a critical concern, without which the sustainable development of South Africa and the world, will not be possible. Within this broad orientation, we take a number of particular foci that relate to quality, relevance and access in schooling and environmental learning.
The Department has two strong and well established specialist areas of research, led by funded research Chairs in:
- Numeracy Education;
- Environmental Learning and Education for Sustainable Development.
We also have strong research programmes in:
- Mathematics Education
- Education Leadership and Management,
- Geography Education and
- Language and Literacy Education.
- Information Communication Technology in Education
In addition to this, we have growing programmes in
- Science Education and
- Foundation and Intermediate Phase Education.
Last Modified: Mon, 09 Sep 2019 14:52:01 SAST