eduroam connection instructions
eduroam (education roaming) is the secure, world-wide roaming access service developed for the international research and education community, and it's widely available across Rhodes University's campus, as well as at many other institutions in South Africa or around the world.
- If you're a Rhodes University student or staff member, you can connect your phone, tablet or PC to eduroam by downloading geteduroam or eduroam CAT from the links below. They will configure your device to connect to the network correctly, allowing your device to connect automatically whenever it's in range.
- If you're visiting Rhodes University from another organisation that participates in eduroam, you're welcome to use our eduroam service. If your device isn't already configured, please ask your home institution's IT services for their instructions to connect.
|Android 7 or older||macOS|
- Start geteduroam
- Underneath Institution, type Rhodes University. Select Rhodes University from the list of institutions. Tap Next.
- On Windows 10:
- You'll need to install the Rhodes University RADIUS CA root certificate. Click Install, verify that the thumbprint matches A2855D12 CA1901B6 5E83A169 DD9FC224 306573A0, then click Yes.
- Enter your username and password. For students, your username will be of the in the format g00a1234; for staff, s0100234. @wf.ru.ac.za will be added automatically.
- Tap Connect to network. You should see a message which reads "Wi-Fi is now configured on your device."
Using eduroam CAT on Android 7 or older
- Start eduroam CAT and tap the Profiles tab.
- Select Manual Search and type Rhodes University. Select Rhodes University from the list and install the profile. You may need to grant the app permission to save files.
- Tap the Install tab.
- Enter your username and password. For students, your username will be of the in the format firstname.lastname@example.org; for staff, email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org. Please check that there are no spaces at the end of the username.
- Tap the Install button.
We recommend using geteduroam or eduroam CAT for the easiest and most secure setup, but if you don't have mobile Internet access on your device to download geteduroam, there are instructions to configure the settings manually.
Last Modified: Fri, 22 Oct 2021 09:28:50 SAST