The Rhodes University Multilingualism Website is dedicated to the promotion of multilingualism on the campus more broadly.
- The Rhodes University Multilingualism Website (RUMW) was conceived by the Rhodes University Language Committee in 2015.
- RUMW is an online platform aimed at raising multilingual awareness.
- RUMW aims to promote all the official languages of South Africa and the equitable use of isiXhosa, Afrikaans and English, as stated in the Rhodes University Language Policy and in the Vision Statement 2018 of the RU Language Committee.
- In accordance with the objectives of the Rhodes University Language Policy the purpose of the RUMW is to celebrate the multilingual contributions made by all Rhodes University registered students and staff (academic and support).
- The RUMW will in effect act as a means to publicise all multilingual contributions and events.
The language policy is available here, please click
LANGUAGE POLICY 2015
The Rhodes University Language Committee, is tasked with the oversight of:
- multilingualism on the Rhodes Campus.
- The drafting of the Rhodes University Language Policy and review thereof.
- The organising of the Annual Multilingualism Colloquium.
- Other related multilingual events/seminars/ presentations.
Last Modified: Tue, 07 Jan 2020 14:11:36 SAST