PRIMOR is a formal partner of the newly-launched NRF/DST-funded Centre of Excellence CIMERA (Centre for Integrated Mineral and Energy Resource Analysis). CIMERA is led by Professor N.J. Beukes, himself an external advisor to PRIMOR, and is hosted at the Geology Department of the University of Johannesburg. Details about the activities of CIMERA can be found at the following link.
The following researchers are close collaborators of PRIMOR on a variety of joint research projects, by providing their expertise, student co-supervision for selected projects, and/or favourable access to analytical facilities not available under PRIMOR.
- Prof. B. Rasmussen: Curtin University, Perth.
- Dr J. Muhling: University of Western Australia, Perth.
- Prof. P.Z. Vroon: Faculty of Earth & Life Sciences, Vrije University – Amsterdam
- Prof P. Mason: Department of Geosciences, Utrecht University
- Asst Prof. C. Reinhardt: School of Earth & Atmospheric Sciences, Georgia Institute of Technology, Atlanta, Georgia.
- Asst Prof. N. Planavsky: Department of Geology and Geophysics, Yale University, New Haven, Connecticut.
- Dr A. Boyce & Dr D.F. Mark: Scottish Universities Environmental Research Centre (SUERC)
- Prof S. Poulton: School of Earth & Environment, University of Leeds
- Dr H. Williams & Dr D.R. Gröcke: Department of Earth Sciences, University of Durham
- Prof T.W. Lyons: Department of Earth Sciences, University of California – Riverside
- Prof T. Komiya & Prof Y. Takahashi: Department of Earth Science & Astronomy, University of Tokyo
- Asst Prof B. Kendall: Department of Earth & Environmental Sciences, University of Waterloo
- Prof M. Staubwasser, Department of Geology & Mineralogy, University of Cologne
- Prof J. Blichert-Toft: Ecole Normale Superieure de Lyon.
Last Modified: Mon, 18 May 2015 14:37:28 SAST