Internet access services for students
- eduroam: the eduroam Wi-Fi service covers all residences and almost all other buildings on campus, as well as certain public libraries. Rhodes students can also use eduroam when visiting many other institutions in South Africa or around the world.
- Off-campus: the RUoffcampus Wi-Fi service is being made available in certain flat complexes close to campus. It's provided in conjunction with our partner service providers and is a charged-for service.
- Off-campus: wired network service is available in a number of flat complexes close to campus. This service is provided in conjunction with our partner service providers, and is a charged-for service.
- University residences: wired network points in student rooms in the university's residences are being phased out, but are currently still available in certain residences.
- University departments: in certain departments, postgraduate students are provided with desk space including wired network connections.
If you need help connecting to one of these services, the student technicians provide a free assistance service.
- Student helpdesk: visit the student helpdesk in the main library, on the ground floor next to the circulation desks. It's normally open throughout the library's opening hours, but is closed during holidays, and may be closed or only open shorter hours during exam time.
- E-mail: send a message to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please provide as much information about the problem you're experiencing so that we'll be better able to help you.