Installing a printer on OS X (Apple Macs) is very similar to installing a printer on Windows.
- Open Safari and visit either http://iprinta.ru.ac.za/ipp (staff & departmental printers) or http://iprintb.ru.ac.za/ipp (residence printers)
- Scroll down the list of printers and click on the one that applies yo your location. If this is your first time you’ve installed a printer on iPrint, you will be asked to install the iPrint Client. You should only need to install this once. Click OK to continue with the installation.
- This should download a disk image file called "iprint.dmg" containing the install package. Run the installer, and follow the instructions.
- Once installed, completely exit and restart Safari and then visit http://iprinta.ru.ac.za/ipp or http://iprintb.ru.ac.za/ipp once again.
- Select the printer you wish to install and click on it to install the printer. Pay attention to whether your browser blocks popups and allow them if necessary.
- You should be prompted by the iPrint client to provide your Rhodes username and password.
- Once authenticated, the printer installation should complete.
All residence printers should already have OS X Postscript Printer Description (PPD) files available. However, printers are not extensively tested with Macs and so some may have been inadvertently forgotten. If you discover this to be the case, you can either download the requiste driver from the manufacturer or let us know and we'll install it within iPrint.
Last Modified: Mon, 15 Feb 2016 12:15:34 SAST