Image Processing (Mr James Connan)
To introduce students to image processing. This module covers aspects of image generation and manipulation, but focusses on the extraction of information from images. The concepts covered are relevant to computer vision and image manipulation.
Topics covered include:
- Basic concepts such as image file formats, scaling and rotation.
- Colour manipulation such as grey scaling and colour models.
- Image segmentation using background subtraction, edge detection, filters, etc.
- Image processing techniques such as Hierarchical Chamfer Distance Transforms, AdaBoost, Histograms and CAMShift.
- Taking a look at current developments in the field and directions for possible research.
Enthusiasm and the ability to think outside of the box. Any language that has a wrapper for OpenCV should be usable.
Last Modified: Mon, 10 Apr 2017 16:49:44 SAST