Research Areas and Superviors
- Professor Baines - history of the eastern Cape, especially Port Elizabeth; SA urban history and culture; public history; the 'Border War'; the apocalyptic imagination; popular music.
- Professor Wells — women's social and political history in South Africa, Zimbabwe and Africa generally; African colonial discourses; oral history; missionaries in the Eastern Cape; Grahamstown history; public history; traditional leadership, heritage practice and policy.
- Dr Tsampiras - slavery (past and present); gender and violence; health, disease and society (particularly gender and HIV); global social justice.
- Dr Kirkaldy - missionaries; precolonial South Africa; environmental history.
- Dr Msindo - identity studies, information policy and media history, and social history of Africa. I am looking for serious students to undertake related research across Africa.
- Dr Jagarnath - African intellectuality; modern South Asia.
- Dr Mkhize – the land question; agrarian history.
Last Modified: Tue, 16 May 2017 12:29:34 SAST