Modern organisations are using technology to deliver innovative services and products that have changed the way we live. These developments aren’t achieved through technology alone – Information Systems professionals play a vital role by integrating computer systems and business processes in order to transform a business vision into reality. Your studies in the Department of Information Systems will prepare you to become a driving force in creating the organisations of the future and making a difference to the world of tomorrow.
Centred in Africa, our vision is to be the Information Systems Department of choice for
• learners in search of a quality education
• researchers in search of a stimulating environment
• academic staff in search of a meaningful and challenging vocation
• employers in search of quality graduates; and
• leaders in search of an institute of calibre.
As ICT professionals and learning facilitators in the Eastern Cape Province, we undertake
• to promote the construction of knowledge in the discipline of Information Systems through effective and innovative interaction, research and consulting based on the use of appropriate technology, and
• to produce quality graduates and information systems’ artefacts within a climate of excellence, integrity and ethical behaviour.
Career opportunities in Information Systems offer you freedom, personal growth, job satisfaction, and an above average income from day one. Information technology has become a vital component of business strategy, and the Information Systems manager faces a challenging task with high corporate visibility, important decision-making opportunities, and a career path which could lead all the way to the top. Since there are frequently no right or wrong answers, your creative abilities, communication skills and business knowledge will be just as important as the technology that you deal with. If you are considering going into marketing, finance or any other business discipline (or even if you simply want to keep your options open), a qualification in Information Systems will pave your way to success.?