Institute for Water Research
THE INSTITUTE FOR WATER RESEARCH
Incorporating the Unilever Centre for Environmental Water Quality (UCEWQ)
Grahamstown - South Africa
The objectives of the IWR are to contribute to the knowledge of and promote the understanding and wise use of natural water resources in southern Africa.
These objectives are achieved in a number of ways:
- Research into the structure, function and components of natural water systems
- Contract projects aimed at solving specific water-related problems
- Teaching at all levels within Rhodes University
- Dissemination of information by written articles and public lectures
- Service on research and management committees outside Rhodes University
- Capacity building and community education for the water sector (How To Handbooks)
- Practising Adaptive IWRM (Integrated Water Resources Management) in South Africa
For information on Grahamstown and South African water resources and what you can do, please see the RU Environment page.
Tropical Biology Association course at Mpala Research Centre, Kenya
Training on writing and publishing an article, 16-20 July 2018, Cape Town
Introduction to GIS Course for Disaster Management Students at Stenden South Africa.
International Innovation article.