Postdoctoral Research Fellowships
Critical Studies in Sexualities and Reproduction Research Programme
Postdoctoral Fellowship 2020
The Critical Studies in Sexualities and Reproduction research programme is offering:
- Post-doctoral fellowship of R200 000 (tax free).
Successful candidates will conduct research in the broad area of the research programme (see further details below) and will contribute to the administration of the research programme. Successful applicants will work as part of the CSSR team and will be exposed to a range of colloquia and research retreats to facilitate their learning and thesis writing.
Candidates must have a good pass in a relevant Social Science degree.
To apply, please send the following documentation to the project administrator, Dumisani Kalipa, on email@example.com on or before 30 September 2018:
- Covering letter outlining your interest in the bursary and research programme, and your experience, or training, in conducting research;
- Academic record;
- Curriculum vitae (including natrionality);
- Sample of previous academic writing (e.g. assignment of chapter of thesis);
- Reference letter from previous supervisor or lecturer.
South African Radio Astronomy Observatory Postdoctoral Scholarship Programme
Call for applications for 2020
South African Radio Astronomy Observatory is pleased to announce the opening for Postdoctoral Scholarship Programme, applications for 2020. Applicants must apply online https://skagrants.nrf.ac.za.
Closing date for applications: 30 September 2019
Should you have any queries with regards to the call requirements or application procedure, please do not hesitate to contact me on the details below:
- Ms Annah Mashemola Telephone: 011 268 3420 or e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
This Call is Now Closed
Rhodes University Postdoctoral Research Fellowships 2020
The University Council has established several Rhodes University Postdoctoral Research Fellowships across all faculties which may be awarded for one year with the possibility of renewal.
The Fellowships are intended to foster existing research and scholarly or creative activities within Rhodes University departments and institutes. Ideally a Fellow's proposed work will closely complement existing programmes in the host department.
- Although there is no age restriction, potential Fellows must hold a doctoral degree, awarded within the last five years, preferably from an institution other than Rhodes University and recognized as appropriate to the discipline for which the Fellowship is sought. Successful candidates must be of exceptional merit as evidenced by the quality and corpus of publications or other recognized forms of achievement relevant to the Fellow's discipline. The Fellowship will be awarded strictly on merit.
- An applicant who has not completed his/her PhD at the time the Fellowship is offered must have submitted the PhD thesis by the end of 2019. In these circumstances the Research Office will require written assurance from the applicant's supervisor that there is a reasonable expectation that the doctoral degree will be awarded.
- Applications should be made through Heads of Departments or Directors of Research Institutes.
Value of the Fellowship
Each Fellowship is a package of R180 000 per annum with an additional allocation of a maximum of R20 000 to be used to support the presentation of papers at formal conferences. The Fellowship cannot be held concurrently with any supplementary funding.
Conditions of Award
The University expects that all publications, creative works and other academic products of the Fellowship will bear appropriate acknowledgement with full affiliation to Rhodes University. The University reserves the right to co-ownership of inventions and/or patents directly emanating from research conducted under the sponsorship of the Fellowship.
The University reserves the right to request the refund of any fellowship paid to the Fellow should the Fellow terminate his/her contract prior to its completion.
Award of the Fellowship
Applications for the Fellowships should be made through the potential host department and then directed to the Research Office (email@example.com). The determination of awards will be made by a committee comprising the Deputy Vice-Chancellor: Research and Development (Chair), the Director: Research Office and Faculty Deans.
The committee is not bound to award any or all of the Fellowships in any one year.
Last Modified: Mon, 16 Sep 2019 11:18:19 SAST