Academic leave

ALL academic research leave applications, including HoD Leave and other externally funded special leave, must be applied for online at: This is in order that the HOD, Dean and DVC: R&D are informed and can approve the leave. The online system is open for RU academic leave applications for the month of July. Approved RU Academic Leave notifications are sent out by the end of November.

For other types of leave applications (externally funded or special leave), please contact your HR Practitioner to have the system opened.

Conditions of Academic Leave 2018

Leave Motivation Template (to be uploaded to your online application)

Protocol regarding allocation of academic leave following end of term of office of HoD

Within three months of returning from leave an online leave report needs to be completed. You will receive auto-generated emails reminders to complete a leave report.

Academic Leave Report Format (to be uploaded to your online leave report)

All queries related to RU academic leave should be directed to your relevant Senior HR Practitioner. This includes tax implications for leave taken outside of SA and group life insurance. If the application is approved, the HoD will be advised of the academic leave funds made available to the department. This will be done by the HR Division.

Application Temp Appointment against RU Academic Funds  

Last Modified: Tue, 27 Nov 2018 14:57:55 SAST