As part of the University’s Equity initiative, applications are invited from suitably qualified graduates to be part of our Graduate Internship Programme. The programme will run from 1February 2016 to 31 December 2016. This programme supports the concept of mentoring as an essential means for learning and development and affords graduates the opportunity to develop critical skills in order to progress in their careers.
We are recruiting in the following areas:
- Those in possession of a University Degree or a 3 year qualification;
- Those who have 1 year or less work experience, i.e. those with more than a year’s formal and continuous work experience are not eligible;
- Must be Black (as defined by the Employment Equity Act) in accordance with the University’s Equity Policy.
- Must be from the Eastern Cape and be prepared to reside in Grahamstown for the duration of your Internship.
Required competencies & attributes:
- Enthusiasm and commitment to personal growth & development
- Clarity on short and medium term career goals
- High energy levels and a sound work ethic
- Self leadership skills, i.e. reliability and the ability to manage oneself
- The ability to show initiative and work proactively
- Sound interpersonal skills, i.e. the ability to work with others, ask for help, and cope with feedback and constructive criticism
- Sound organisational skills and the ability to meet deadlines and manage one’s own time effectively and productively
- The ability to work accurately and pay attention to detail
- Computer literacy, with a basic knowledge of Word, Excel, Email and the Internet
- Good communication skills in English (both verbal and written).
Gross annual salary: R 80,292
Closing Date: Monday, 14 September 2015
Last Modified: Mon, 31 Aug 2015 14:18:27 SAST