DEGREE REGISTERED FOR: Doctoral degree in Biotechnology.
Department of Biochemistry, Microbiology and Biotechnology, Rhodes University, P O Box 94, Grahamstown 6140, South Africa
Ph.D. current - Biotechnology, Rhodes University, Grahamstown, South Africa
M.Sc. 2010 - Biotechnology, Rhodes University, Grahamstown, South Africa
B.Sc. (Hons.)2007 - Biotechnology, Rhodes University, Grahamstown, South Africa
B.Sc. 2006 - Rhodes University, Grahamstown, South Africa
- Practical tutor biochemistry undergraduates Rhodes University 2008-2012
- Bioprospecting internship Synexa Life Sciences 2007
- Practical tutor physics and electronics Rhodes University 2006
The Application of Nanoparticle-Aptamer Conjugates toward Breast Cancer Diagnosis and Therapy
(i) RESEARCH IN PROGRESS
The overall aim of the current research work is to assess the application of aptamer based delivery vectors targeted to oncoprotein analogues of breast cancer cells to aid in cancer detection and targeted means of therapeutic cytotoxicity.
M.J. Niland, R. Fogel, S.P. Flanagan and J.L. Limson. Towards normalising variability in current responses at glassy carbon electrodes using double layer capacitance; a case study of citrinin. Electroanalysis, 2012, 24,(4), 945-954.
- S. Flanagan, M. Niland, J. Limson. Normalising variability in the electrochemical detection of mycotoxins at carbon nanotube modified glassy carbon electrodes. 13th Topical Meeting of the International Society of Electrochemistry. CSIR International Convention Centre, Pretoria, South Africa. April 2013.
- S.Flanagan, R. Fogel, J. Limson. The Application of Nanoparticle-Aptamer Conjugates toward Breast Cancer Diagnosis and Therapy. 4th DST/MINTEK Annual NIC Workshop, Unlocking the future with Nanotechnology. Conference Centre, Mintek, Randburg, South Africa. November 2011.
- J. Limson, R. Brimecombe, S. Flanagan, R. Fogel, M. Niland. Enhancing the performance of carbon nanotubes for sensor applications. 11th International Conference on Frontiers of Polymers and Advanced Materials. University of Pretoria, South Africa. May 2011.
- S.Flanagan and J.Limson. Development of an electrochemical lipase biosensor based on carbon nanotube modified electrodes for the detection of Ochratoxin A. 3rd DST/MINTEK Annual NIC Workshop, University of the Western Cape, Cape Town, South Africa. November 2010.
- S.Flanagan and J.Limson. Evaluation of carbon nanotube functionalized glassy carbon electrodes towards the enhanced detection of Ochratoxin A. 2nd DST/MINTEK Annual NIC Workshop, Nanotechnology for Development. University of Johannesburg, Johannesburg, South Africa. September 2009.
- S. Flanagan and J.Limson. 1st DST/MINTEK Annual NIC Workshop. Rhodes University, Grahamstown, South Africa. September 2008.
- S. Flanagan and J.Limson. Development of a nanobiocomposite sensor for the electrochemical detection of Ochratoxin A. 15th World Congress of Food Science and Technology. Cape Town International Convention Centre, Cape Town. South Africa. August 2010.
- S. Flanagan and J.Limson. Electrochemical detection of Ochratoxin A at metallophthalocyanine and carbon nanotube modified electrodes. 1st International Symposium on Electrochemistry. University of the Western Cape, Cape Town, South Africa. 2008.
Last Modified: Thu, 13 Feb 2014 10:13:36 SAST