The Department of Psychology aspires to ensure that Psychology develops appropriately as a service profession and academic discipline within the University, the broader community and within South Africa.
We aim to achieve this by:
- Providing students with a high-quality education that prepares them to deal with a changing South Africa;
- Supporting staff development through the mobilization of resources (internally and externally) and facilitating an environment characterized by democracy, transparency, parity and accountability;
- Providing an infrastructure to promote high-quality research and its publication by staff and students;
- Encouraging staff and students to develop teaching, intervention and research programmes that promote community engagement;
- Positioning the Department as a reputable, progressive and productive academic organization in order to secure funds and to attract high calibre students and staff from all racial, gender and ethnic groups;
- Undertaking to change the demographic profile of students by pursuing equity policies and providing appropriate academic development.
Last Modified: Thu, 19 Apr 2018 09:13:04 SAST