The Department of Psychology offers a range of courses embracing a wide curriculum representing major thrusts of contemporary psychology. The Department has a commitment to scholarship, academic freedom, dialogue, critical debate, academic rigour and enquiry, and integrity. Please find a link to a video for prospective students here.
The department emphasises experiential, active and collaborative learning and a vision of research where theoretical and applied methods are highly valued. We offer the following courses:
- Undergraduate courses in Psychology and Organisational Psychology which can be taken as part of the University’s BA, BSc, BSocSc and BCom degrees.
- The Psychology Honours programme which has a broad-ranging curriculum which allows students to build a course which suits their future career aspirations
- The Organisational Psychology Honours programme that offers foundations in Organisational Theory, Organisational Development, Research and Assessment.
- Masters in Clinical Psychology that leads to registration with the Professional Board for Psychology as a Clinical Psychologist.
- Masters in Counselling Psychology that leads to registration with the Professional Board for Psychology as a Counselling Psychologist.
- Masters by thesis that allows students to explore a research topic in depth.
- Doctoral studies in Psychology.
For further information about the Department, follow the links below:
- Mental Health during the Lockdown
- Mission Statement
- The Social Change Award (2008 - 2017)
- Awards & Prizes
- Bursaries and Funding
Last Modified: Fri, 05 Mar 2021 08:07:42 SAST