ISCHP 2015 Conference Update
9th Biennial Conference
12-15 July 2015
Grahamstown, South Africa
The ISCHP brings together health scholars who are interested in exploring ongoing and emerging issues in critical research, critical theory and critical practice in relation to health and health care. This shared interest in critical approaches to healthcare is exemplified in the theme of the 9th Biennial Conference, ‘Health, Health Care and Social Justice’.
The call for abstracts for the 9th Biennial Conference of the International Society of Critical Health Psychology (ISCHP) is open. The final deadline for abstract submissions is 02 March 2015.
Workshops will take place on Sunday 12 July 2015. The following workshops have been finalized for the conference:
- Narrative methods for critical health research (presented by Corrine Squire and Floretta Boonzaier)
- Doing better qualitative research (presented by Kerry Chamberlain)
- Project revision: reflecting on the methodological and pedagogical possibilities of digital storytelling (presented by Carla Rice, Jen Rinaldi and Michaela Hynie)
- Balancing the personal, the political and the professional: a reflective workshop (presented by Elizabeth Peel and Gareth Treharne)
- ‘Resisting the neoliberal construction of academia’ or, how to survive your PhD in critical health psychology in the face of work, life and pressures to ‘perform’ (presented by Ally Gibson and Jenny Setchell)
Abstract submission forms and details of the workshops are available on the conference website. To find out more about this conference, please visit www.ischp2015.co.za.
We look forward to seeing you in Grahamstown!Source: Press release