Vision and Mission
The Faculty’s vision is to be an academic centre that is respected nationally and internationally for its excellent teaching and research, and which seeks to play a productive role in the development of the Eastern Cape and Southern Africa.
In pursuit of its vision, the Faculty’s mission is to produce high-quality graduates who are capable of becoming leaders in legal practice, commerce, industry, politics or academia. Its aim is to conduct sound teaching and research and to promote community engagement. The Faculty is committed to the values entrenched in the Constitution of the Republic of South Africa and aims to promote justice, inclusivity and equity in our staff and students, so enabling them to become responsible, productive and ethical members of society.
- To develop an environment in which community engagement is encouraged and valued.
- To promote voluntary participation by staff and students in community engagement activities that utilise legal knowledge and skills to the benefit of the broader community.
- To provide service learning opportunities for every LLB student.
- To provide institutional support to the Law Clinic in its access to justice and community education work.
- To integrate community engagement initiatives in teaching and learning and research.
Last Modified: Tue, 11 Jun 2019 05:37:12 SAST