MSC (Stellenbosch), PhD (Stellenbosch)
Room 2 Maths Building (Drostdy Lodge)
(046) 603 7444
- Introduction to Algebra (In MAM1): Set theory; mappings; binary operations; equivalence relations and order; groups.
- Introduction to Analysis (In MAM1): Real numbers; open and closed intervals; sequences and series (convergence); functions of a real variable (continuity, limit); series of functions; Taylor series.
- Discrete Mathematics (in MAT 315): Arithmetic, Combinatorics, Graph Theory.
- Algebraic Graph Theory: An honours course on graphs, their adjacency matrices, Laplacian matrices, characteristic polynomials and spectrum.
- Honours project: Topics on algebra, graph theory, combinatorics and their applications are available. Please contact me for more details.
- Experimental Mathematics (2016, 2017,2019) at the African Institute for Mathematical Sciences (AIMS): The course illustrates how mathematical ideas evolve from experimental observations to theorems. It involves Number Theory, Linear Algebra, Probability, Graph Theory, and it uses SAGE.
- 2013: The Energy of a Graph, Valisoa Razanajatovo Misanantenaina, AIMS MSc, (co-supervisor S. Wagner).
- 2015: Matrices of Graphs, Sindisiwe McDonald, RU Honours project.
- 2017: Tadpoles With Large Spectral Moment, Boqwana Mhlanguleli, RU Honours project.
- 2018: Strictly Bicyclic Graph With Minimum Wienner Index, Xhanti Sinoxolo, RU Honours project.
- 2018-2019: Grabcuts for Image Sementation: A comparative Study of Clustering Techiniques, by Nozuko Zuleika Manzi, UFH MSc, (co-supervisor B. Makamba)
- Graph Theory
- The average size of independent sets of graphs, accepted for publication at the European Journal of Mathematics (2019+), With V. Razanajatovo Misanantenaina, S Wagner, Free full text.
- The ancestral matrix of a rooted tree, preprint (2019+), With Kenneth Dadedzi, Stephan Wagner, Free full text.
- Extremal problems for trees with given segment sequence, Discrete Applied Mathematics 220 (2017) 20–34. With S. Wagner and H. Wang. Full text.
- Maximum Wiener index of trees with given segment sequence, MATCH Communications in Mathematical and in Computer Chemistry, 75 (2016) 91-104. With S. Wagner and H. Wang. Full text.
- Graphs with maximal Hosoya index and minimal Merrifield-Simmons index, Discrete Mathematics, 329 (2014) 77-87. With Z. Zhu, C. Yuan and S. Wagner. Full text.
- Spectral moment of trees with given degree sequence, Linear Algebra Appl. 439 (2013) 3980-4002. With S. Wagner. Preprint.
- Greedy trees, subtrees and antichains, Electron. J. Combin. 20(3) (2013), 28. With S. Wagner and H. Wang, Free full text.
- Energy, Hosoya index and Merrifield-Simmons index of trees with prescribed degree sequence, Discrete Appl. Math. 161 (2013) 724-741. Full text.
- More Trees with Large Energy and Small Size, MATCH Commun. Math. Comput. Chem., 68 (2012) 697-702; with I. Gutman, B. Furtula and M. Cvetic. Free full text.
- More Trees with Large Energy, MATCH Commun. Math. Comput. Chem., 68 (2012) 675-695. Free full text.
- Unicyclic graphs with large energy, Linear Algebra and its Applications, 435 (2011) 1399-1414; with S. Wagner. Full text.
- Laplacian Energy, in Energies of Graphs -Theory and Applications , Gutman, X. Li (Eds.) , Univ. Kragujevac, Kragujevac, 2016, pp. 49-80.
- Bounds of the Estrada Index and the Laplacian Estrada Index, in Bounds in Chemical Graph Theory - Mainstreams, I. Gutman, B. Furtula, K. C. Das, E. Milovanovic, I. Milovanovic (Eds.),Univ. Kragujevac, Kragujevac, 2017, pp. 23-52.
- 2017: (RU) Claude Leon Merit Award
- 2015: Y1 NRF Rating
Others (refereeing, community engagements ...)
- I served as a reviewer for Mathematical Reviews and journals including Discrete Applied Mathematics, Applied Mathematics Letters, Computers & Mathematics with Applications, MATCH Communications in Mathematical and in Computer Chemistry, Applied Mathematics-A Journal of Chinese Universities, Quaestiones Mathematicae, Theory and Applications of Graphs, Linear Algebra and its Applications, Applicable Analysis and Discrete Mathematics, Transactions on Network Science and Engineering.
- (Rhodes') Regional Coordinanator for the Siyanqoba Olympiad training.
- (Rhodes') Regional Coordinanator for the South African Tertiary Mathematics Olympiad (SATMO).
Last Modified: Thu, 17 Jan 2019 15:42:15 SAST