Masters and PhD
If you are interested in pursuing MSc, PhD (or postdoctoral) studies in this Department, you should contact the academic staff member with whom you would like to study, since we offer these qualifications by thesis only.
When you do contact a potential supervisor, please write about the topic in which you would like to pursue research, as well as your background in that topic.
The current areas of research interests in the Department are:
- Computational methods in general relativity and cosmology - in particular, gravitational radiation from black hole events. (N.T. Bishop, D. Pollney)
- General relativity, cosmology and fluid dynamics - in particular, large scale structure formation, black hole accretion, gravitational lensing, astrophysical fluid dynamics. (A.J. John)
- Functional analysis; measure theory. (A.L. Pinchuck)
- Geometry; geometric control theory. (C.C. Remsing)
- Graph Theory; Combinatorics. (E. Andriantiana)
You can find out more about the research groups in the Department here: Research
Last Modified: Fri, 24 Aug 2018 12:20:44 SAST