Please be advised of the Library Opening Hours, with effect, Monday, 05 October 2020:
* A MAXIMUM OF 200 PEOPLE WILL BE ALLOWED INTO THE MAIN LIBRARY DURING THE OPENING HOURS
- Security protocols at the entrance to the Library (Student card; letter of invite, completion of quarantine certificate, temperature check)
- Use hand sanitisers as provided when entering.
- Face masks to be worn at all times
- Maintain a 2metre distance between people.
- Use of designated/demarcated spaces in the Library
- Wash hands regularly.
- Protective screens have been installed at all service counters.
- Discussion/seminar rooms will not be available.
- Please wipe your desk with sanitiser when you leave
- Please wipe your computer keyboard with sanitiser when you leave.
- No browsing is permitted
- The computer labs in the Library are available for use. (Limited spaces due to social distancing)
Return or issue of books
- No browsing is permitted. If a book is needed, ask a staff member at the faculty hub to retrieve it for you. (Shelves are cordoned off)
- Use the self-checkout machine where possible to issue books.
- The surface of the Circulation desk will be sanitised after each transaction.
- When returning books, please make use of the drop box at the entrance to the Library.
- All returned books will be placed in the UV Box for disinfection.
Please note that the Virtual Services will still continue as usual:
Faculty Librarian & Research Support
- Science & Pharmacy - 046 603 8689 (email@example.com)
- Commerce & Law - 046 603 8062 (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Humanities & Education - 046 603 7341 (email@example.com)
- Scholarly Communication – 046 603 7307 (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Circulation queries/short loans/renewals, logins, etc. - 046 603 8462/046 603 8463 (email@example.com ); (firstname.lastname@example.org )
- General enquiries: email@example.com
Please help us to raise funds so that we can give all our students a chance to access online teaching and learning. Covid-19 has disrupted our students' education. Don't let the digital divide put their future at risk. Visit www.ru.ac.za/rucoronavirusgateway to donate