The award-winning Drama Online introduces new writers alongside the most iconic names in playwriting history, providing contextual and critical background through scholarly works and practical guides. Our constantly growing collection meets the full range of teaching needs for theatre studies, literature courses and drama schools. From the epic to the monologue; ensemble to one-person plays; comedy to tragedy; the historical to the contemporary; and from the highly political to the profoundly personal, there is plenty to discover.
Enjoy access to the finest drama texts:
- From Aeschylus to the present day.
- Student editions, scholarly works and first night programme texts.
- The internationally renowned Arden Shakespeare Series.
- Realist works from Ibsen and Chekhov.
- Major foreign works in translation: Bertolt Brecht, Luigi Pirandello, Eduardo De Filippo, Frank Wedekind and more.
- Comic masterpieces from Oscar Wilde and Noël Coward.
- Modern classics from Tom Stoppard, David Mamet, Alan Bennett, Caryl Churchill, Simon Stephens, Mark Ravenhill, Edward Bond, Alan Ayckbourn, Harold Pinter, Christopher Hampton, Brian Friel, Willy Russell, John Osborne, David Greig, David Harrower, April De Angelis, David Hare, Anthony Neilson, Shelagh Stephenson, David Eldridge and many more.
- A continually growing collection of the very latest contemporary writers including Polly Stenham, Katori Hall, D.C. Moore, James Graham, Rebecca Lenkiewicz and Lucy Prebble.