Rhodes > Emergency Management > Emergency Management > Key Emergency Management Focus Areas (Part One) > Bomb Threat > Campus Protection Unit
Campus Protection Unit
Upon receiving notification of the bomb threat, CPU responsibilities are as follows:
- The Manager of CPU should contact the Emergency Manager and Chair of the Management Team to activate the Emergency Management and Response Network )
- Notify the relevant Building Emergency Coordinator to initiate evacuation procedures.
- Isolate the area; establish a safety perimeter and initiate traffic and crowd control procedures.
- Notify external support agencies: SA Police Services, Makana Municipality Fire Department, etc.
- CPU officers will search the building, including rubbish bins and toilets, for anything "suspicious" or "out of the ordinary".
- Interview the individual who received the bomb threat.
Last Modified: Fri, 15 Aug 2014 13:21:15 SAST