Building Emergency Coordinator
On receiving notification of a water outage or water quality issue, the Building Emergency Coordinators have the following responsibilities:
- Ensure that Building Maintenance and Grounds and Gardens (oh), or CPU (ah), have been notified immediately of the outage or water quality issue.
- Ensure building occupants observe steps that are put into effect by water outage or water quality issue, namely:
- Use water sparingly (should water be available).
- No washing, showering or bathing to take place.
- Use buckets to draw water from tanks (where provided - see details at www.ru.ac.za/estates/services/watersupply).
- Conduct monthly checks to ensure that water tanks have supply, and if not, inform G&G immediately.
- Ensure that buckets are available for building occupants to draw water from tanks.
- Ensure that all taps are turned off (in the event of water supply being restored).
- Communicate with building occupants about the status of the outage or water quality issue.
Last Modified :Tue, 12 Aug 2014 16:29:07 SAST