Rhodes > Emergency Management > Emergency Management > Key Emergency Management Focus Areas (Part One) > Water outages and water quality issues > Building Emergency Coordinator
Building Emergency Coordinator
On receiving notification of a water outage or water quality issue, the Building Emergency Coordinators have the following responsibilities:
- Ensure that Building Maintenance and Grounds and Gardens (oh), or CPU (ah), have been notified immediately of the outage or water quality issue.
- Ensure building occupants observe steps that are put into effect by water outage or water quality issue, namely:
- Use water sparingly (should water be available).
- No washing, showering or bathing to take place.
- Use buckets to draw water from tanks (where provided/li>
- Conduct monthly checks to ensure that water tanks have supply, and if not, inform G&G immediately.
- Ensure that buckets are available for building occupants to draw water from tanks.
- Ensure that all taps are turned off (in the event of water supply being restored).
- Communicate with building occupants about the status of the outage or water quality issue.
Last Modified: Mon, 21 May 2018 13:12:36 SAST