The Manager of the Electrical section has the following responsibilities in the event of a power outage.
- Organise for regular inspections of buildings to identify potential electrical hazards, such as worn cables, downed electrical lines, etc.
- Organise for regular inspection and servicing of emergency lighting in all buildings on campus, bearing in mind fire safety requirements.
- Establish the location of all emergency generators (large and small) on campus, and keep an inventory for emergency purposes.
- Organise for regular inspection and servicing of emergency generators, and install new ones where required.
- Manager of the Electrical section should go to the affected buildings, where the power outage involves only one building or a small portion of the campus.
- Maintain contact with the relevant public service (utility) provider, where the power outage involves the entire campus
- Renew power supply once it is safe to do so.
Last Modified :Thu, 14 Aug 2014 12:23:53 SAST